We often tend to think that summer is when our skin needs the most hydration. Because we go to the beach, we spend a lot of time in the water and, because the heat dries out. That’s all true, friend. The problem is that the skin is also very dry during the winter months, especially due to the effects of the cold. For example, when you smile, do you feel a slight tightness in your cheeks? Do you notice that your face has lost luminosity? Those, together with chapped lips, are the classic symptoms.
And what about the legs? We do not realize the appearance of his skin because we wear long pants until we get to the gym, put on our sports uniform, and see that, apart from having lost all the tan, suddenly there is a whitish layer, which is what indicates that the legs need hydration like the rest of the body. And what is the solution? We give it to you in this blog post with several tips that will help you avoid dry skin in winter. Take note, and feel free to share any questions you have with your Mary Kay Beauty Consultant!
If You Want To Avoid Dry Skin, Hydrate It In Winter As Follows:
Before moisturizing your skin, yes, it is essential that you perform a deep facial cleansing: that is the first step of your skincare routine! In the morning, after you get up, cleansing will help you eliminate the excess sebum that your skin generates while you sleep. And before you go to bed, by cleaning your face, you will be able to eliminate the remains of makeup 100%. Do this by using our Micellar Water first, followed by Mary Kay Naturally™ Purifying Cleanser. So your skin will be ready to be hydrated, following the three keys that we detail here:
- After morning facial cleansing, a day is a moisturizing cream. Try TimeWise® Age Minimize 3D™ (if you’re in your 20s, 30s, or 40s) or TimeWise Repair® Volu-Firm® Moisturizing Cream pictured to the right (if you’re in your 50s or 60s). And the best for winter? That you will be able to avoid dry skin, and with the SPF 30 High Protection that these day creams carry, you will be able to avoid the damaging effects of the sun. Because in winter, even if it rains or is cold, the sun is just as damaging as the rest of the year. What if you are also worried about pimples and oily skin? Then turn to our Clear Proof Oil-Free Moisturizer for Acne-Prone Skin!
- At night, resort to a moisturizing cream that nourishes your skin while you sleep, and also apply it to the parts that are most exposed to cold, such as the eye contour ( we have a repairing gel that will reduce your crow’s feet! ) or the neck and décolletage (for both areas, use the Mary Kay Naturally™ Moisturizing Bar, which with its convenient format you can carry in your bag to hydrate them, as well as at night, at any time of the day).
- Do you have two or three free moments a week? If so, dedicate them to yourself. Apply the Peel Off Metallic Facial Mask on your face: in winter, it will help you avoid dry skin, soothing it and making it softer, with a formula that contains hyaluronic acid, peony water, and antioxidant ingredients. Put on music or your favorite podcast, and give your skin extra hydration and luminosity!
Complete Your Routine With Serums: It’s Concentrated Formula Will Help You Solve (In An Agile Way) The Skin Problems That Concern You.
And since serums are much more powerful than a moisturizer, you can also avoid dry skin in winter. 2 for one effect! The best thing, yes, is that you contact a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant ( you can do it from here ). Tell her about any defect that you see in the skin of her face, and she will study it to propose many of the serums that we present below:
- Do you notice your face off? Then your Mary Kay Consultant will most likely consider using C + E™ TimeWise® Regenerating Serum (pictured right) once a day…or even twice! A very quick way to give your face an antioxidant boost!
- Are you worried about wrinkles and fine lines of expression? That is why we designed the TimeWise Repair® Volu-Firm® Advanced Firming Serum at Mary Kay, with which you will achieve a much firmer facial contour. Your Consultant may even recommend the Mary Kay Clinical Solutions™ Retinol 0.5 System (with a pure retinol serum!), which you can learn about at marykay.com and on our blog.
- Is there a solution to acne? Of course! At Mary Kay, we have a specific one, the Clear Proof® Pore Purifying Serum with 2% salicylic acid. It will dry your pimples little by little, eliminating sebum and shine (but not hydration) through soothing botanical extracts. Ask your Mary Kay Beauty Consultant how often you should use this wonder serum!
To Avoid Dry Skin In Winter, Remember: That You Need To Periodically Get Rid Of Dead Skin Cells!
And for this, a facial scrub is the most effective way since it will allow you to regenerate skin cells, stimulate microcirculation in the facial area, and pay attention; with a scrub, you will leave your skin very prepared to absorb moisturizing creams and serums, eliminating dryness more effectively. Remember to exfoliate your skin once a week ( as we explain in this blog post ). Use the facial scrub that you prefer: either a physical one (it requires a facial massage to obtain the desired effect) or a chemical one (it will only be necessary to spread it, without the need for a massage, along the face).
Don’t Forget About The Lips, Hands, and Other Essential Parts Of The Body.
- When it comes to avoiding dry skin on the lips in winter, you have to heal it and then protect it daily. That’s why at Mary Kay, we have a complete set, Satin Lips®, formulated with shea butter, white tea, and citrus. It includes a mask that exfoliates and repairs the skin of the lips, as well as a balm that, used daily, will prevent the skin from cracking because there is nothing more unpleasant than a dry, dull, and furry smile!
- When it comes to the skin of your hands, turn to the Satin Hands® Silk Hands Set! Its formula also incorporates white tea and citrus extracts and comes with an exfoliating gel and moisturizing cream. Maximum softness to power!
- And the elbows and the cuticles of the fingers? At Mary Kay, we know that you like to be perfect down to the last detail. That’s why our Mary Kay Naturally™ Nourishing Oil helps you hydrate the smallest and most complicated areas of the body, even to the ends of the hair, after a long day in the indoor pool!
With all the products and recommendations that we have discussed today, my friend, your face and body will be ready to avoid dry skin in winter, arriving in spring and summer with a complexion of envy. Now, the key is consistency! Think of the bikini operation: in the same way that you need to train week after week to see results, the same thing happens with your skin. Miracles do not exist, and changes do not appear overnight. But with a good routine and the advice a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant can offer, you’ll find that dedication pays off enormously (and radiantly)!