The carrot provides many benefits to our body. It is a vegetable very rich in nutrients and its leading role in the diet already comes from ancient Greece.
Already back then it was consumed as a fundamental food, but also as a medicine, due to the many benefits that the carrot brings us.
It is also a very versatile vegetable since we can eat it grilled, cooked, raw, grated etc. It is rich in sodium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, iodine and zinc, among other minerals, and it also provides us with a large amount of water, protein and carbohydrates.
With this composition, it is normal that the carrot has many benefits for our health. The most important are detailed below.
Benefits Of Carrot:
- Its great contribution of iron makes it a great food against iron deficiency anaemia.
- Helps protect our cardiovascular system.
- The benefits of carrots for our skin and eyesight have been known since ancient times.
- It prevents constipation.
- It is a great source of antioxidants, which help slow the ageing of cells.
- Another important benefit of carrots is that it promotes the elimination of toxins as it is a diuretic food.
- It is a natural sunscreen
- They help strengthen our immune system , thus making us stronger against possible infections.
- It is a perfect food for pregnant women , as it contains a large amount of vitamin B9 also called folic acid.
The benefits of carrots are numerous and it is, therefore, advisable to introduce it into our eating routine. Other advantages that the carrot gives us is that it provides almost no calories, so it is perfect for snacking between meals and yet still controlling the line.
Raw, just washed, it can be a good snack. It is also ideal to take it in juices, mixed with other foods or alone. If we choose to boil or steam it, it will become a great ally to control episodes of diarrhoea, another benefit of the consumption of carrots.